Schizophrenia Research from Neuron Cells in the Nose
A recent study published in Science Daily on January 25th, 2012 revealed that the latest research on schizophrenia is now being focused on neuron cells in the nose. Researchers have always wanted a schizophrenia sample that they could study and learn from, and now, they have found that neuron cells of schizophrenics are easily accessible from the olfactory receptors in the nose, which are constantly regenerating themselves, unlike the neuron cells in the brain. The researchers are hoping to use the samples that they collect from schizophrenic and schizoaffective patients to compare with those of healthy individuals to advance on their understanding of these types of disorders.
Related Posts in Schizophrenia Research
- Benefits of Participating in Research
- Schizophrenia Caregivers Jackson, MS
- Schozophrenia Help Outline - dealing with causes
- Schizophrenia Treatment Process and Options
- Your Schizophrenia Medication may not be the best medicine