Technology helps treatment of Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective, and Bipolar
A recent article published in Medical News Today on March 18th, 2012 revealed the news of a study taking place with Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective, and bipolar patients in Chicago, Illinois, using the latest technology in psychiatric practices with these patients.
This article released news of three simultaneous studies of practitioners interacting with their patients through the technologies of wristwatches, PDA’s, and smartphones. These trials are hoping to show that the use and communication through psychiatrist and patient is possible, and perhaps more effective than through methods of other technologies. According to the study’s initiator, approximately 70% of these Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective, and bipolar patients use smartphones for communication.
Related Posts in Schizophrenia Research
- Benefits of Participating in Research
- Schizophrenia Caregivers Jackson, MS
- Schozophrenia Help Outline - dealing with causes
- Schizophrenia Treatment Process and Options
- Your Schizophrenia Medication may not be the best medicine